Last modified: April 10th, 2020
We, here at Green Brand LLC, doing business as Oakland Coffee (”Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website oaklandcoffee.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at:
- Email: Info@OaklandCoffee.com
- Phone: (510) 679-2277
- Address: 1940 Union Street, Unit 15 Oakland, CA 94607
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name and e-mail address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (”personal information”); or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as your email address.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, including our email list.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Green Brand LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Green Brand LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Green Brand LLC, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us at:
Phone: (510) 679-2277
Address: 1940 Union Street, Unit 15
Oakland, CA 94607
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information.
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information regarding (i) the categories of personal information collected, (ii) the categories of sources for the personal information collected, (iii) the business purpose for collecting that information, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share that information, (v) the specific pieces of personal information we collect about the consumer, and (vi) whether we sold or disclosed the personal information for a business purpose. If we sold your personal information, we will also provide two separate lists disclosing: a) sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and, b) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Any user may request the discontinuation (or opt-out) of our sharing of the information with third parties and/or that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your California Privacy Rights Request (see below), we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.) (“CCPA”).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To submit any requests (“California Privacy Rights Request”) please:
- Email us at Info@OaklandCoffee.com with a subject line of “Your California Privacy Rights”.
- Mail us a letter to addressed to 1940 Union Street, Unit 15, Oakland, CA 94607.
- Call us at (510) 679-2277.
For each California Privacy Rights Request, please clearly state the following:
- Sufficient detail of your request such that it allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- That the request is related to Your California Privacy Rights.
- Your name, street address, city, state, zip code, and email address.
- Whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email.
We cannot respond to your California Privacy Rights Request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We are not responsible for a California Privacy Rights Request that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled, or incorrectly sent. Making a California Privacy Rights Request does not require you to create an account with us. It may take us up to 45 days to process your California Privacy Rights Request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.